800 Wilmington Industrial Park # G, Wilmington, DE 19801
If you are looking for a Dry wall contractor near you in Delaware you can give Drywall Associates Ltd a call at (302) 656-5986 or send them a message.
Drywall Associates Ltd Rating & Reviews
Google Maps Rating:
Google Merchant verified: No
Also check out the reviews by other visitors below or leave your own review and tell us about your experiences with Drywall Associates Ltd.
How to find a good Dry wall contractor in Delaware?
Once you have narrowed your search to a few selected Dry wall contractors like Drywall Associates Ltd, how can you tell which one is best? This isn’t as simple as one may think. Many people make a hiring decision based on only two factors: the lowest bid and their gut feel of the contractor after one meeting. These are a start, but largely insufficient to tell the good guys from the bad.
The price estimate is obviously important but tells you nothing about whether a contractor is reputable and honest. Because these two parameters are insufficient to truly determine which contractors are best, homeowners should take as many of vetting steps as possible to protect themselves.
During your first meeting with the contractor, make sure you are prepared with a list of questions and have each contractor thoroughly answer these to your satisfaction. Some example questions are below:
- What do you estimate would be the duration of the project?
- Will you obtain all permits and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements?
- What are your guarantees and warranties on labor and materials?
- Do you prefer to work with clients who already know what they want or are you open to providing ideas and advice?
- Would you assist with the selection of materials ? Do you shop with your clients? Do you purchase on their behalf?
- What work hours would your personnel be on-site? How often will the owner be on-site?
- Will there be a foreman or project supervisor on-site at all other times?
- How often would the GC and homeowner meet in person or telephonically, to keep us updated of project progress and issues as they arise?
- How will changes in project scope work? Written change orders? Verbal approvals?
- When can I expect a proposal? Will it include labor and materials? What won’t it include?
The Process of Finding a good Dry wall contractor
- Define Your Project
Before contacting any Dry wall contractor, begin by defining the project in precise terms. For example drill further down into specifics that will help match the perfect contractor to this job.
- Schedule a Meeting
At your meetings, the Dry wall contractor should be attentive and listen when you describe your goals. The meeting is a dialogue, with each side freely and equally trading ideas. The Dry wall contractor does not have to agree with everything you say; in fact, one value of hiring a contractor is that you are paying for their experience.
- Discuss Regulatory Matters
A good contractor will be forthright about all regulatory matters associated with your project: building codes, permits, inspections, and zoning. These issues are a major part of any extensive build or remodel.
- Get a written and signed cost estimate
While it is acceptable for a contractor to verbally give you non-binding cost estimates, any firm cost estimate should always be written and signed. The word contract is part of contractor. So if you have a contractor who wants to proceed without written agreements between the both of you, this is a major red flag.
What are your expectations for a perfect Dry wall contractor?
Most homeowners are looking for some unique combinations of qualities in a Dry wall contractor like the following:
- Be amazingly fast and efficient.
- Always be available when we need them and be able to start projects on short notice.
- Be punctual, reliable, and always stay on schedule.
- Provide great remodeling tips and design ideas to improve projects.
- Have outside-the-box solutions to problems.
- Work with very little oversight.
- Provide professional invoices and quotes, have proper licensing, and provide insurance coverage.
- Give the highest quality work.
- Have rock bottom prices.
While there are a lot of Dry wall contractors who can cover many of the above qualities, they will probably have the highest prices because nobody can achieve all of these requirements. If you are looking for a Dry wall contractor with rock bottom prices, probably several of the other qualities will be lacking. So you should focus on finding the contractors with the right combination of qualities. Create a list of what is truly important to you, then select matching contractors for your specific project and requirements.
How to get the lowest price for the service you need? – Compare price for service.